Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy (American) Thanksgiving to everyone.

This marks my 20th year working in admissions and as I think about all for which I have to be thankful, being able to do this work that influences if not changes the lives of children and shapes institutions in which I believe is really quite awesome, in the truest sense of the word. (Awesome: top of the list of abused and overused words such that their original meaning is now diminished if not lost! Unique is probably second.)

And this profession would not be such a rewarding pleasure without the incredible colleagues with which I share it. Some of my admissions colleagues have become some of my closest friends. I feel privileged to share their profession and their lives. They work tirelessly on behalf of what is best for students and schools and do so with honour, integrity and character. I have learned so much from so many who have insight, creativity, thoughtfulness, intelligence, and compassion.

I wish everyone a refreshing, renewing, relaxing and reflective Thanksgiving, and I thank everyone for the manifold ways in which you shape and better my life, professionally and personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment